The Sandgate Easter Art Show is all geared up and ready to receive your application for 2023. Showcasing the work of artists from both near and far, the exhibition will be displayed at the Callan Centre in Pier Avenue, St Patrick’s College, Shorncliffe.
We thank St Patrick’s College for the generous use of their facility.
We welcome all works to be for sale; of exhibition quality; and not previously awarded.
SANDGATE EASTER ART SHOW 2023- AWARDS AND PRIZES GUIDE
NB: This is a guide only and the committee and judges reserve the right to make adjustments prior to presentation.
|Best in show||$1000|
|Open 2D – 1st Prize||$500|
|Open 2D – 2nd Prize||$250|
|Open 2D – Highly commended|
|Open 3D – 1st Prize||$500|
|Open 3D – 2nd Prize||$250|
|Open 3D-Highly Commended|
|Open Photo/ Digital – 1st Prize||$500|
|Open Photo/ Digital – 2nd Prize||$250|
|Trevor Proud Encouragement Award||$250|
|Lynne O’Brien Memorial Portrait Prize||$250|
Conditions of entry
- A clear digital photo of each piece entered must be emailed to [email protected]– suitable for display on website.
- Items MUST be labelled with Artist’s Name, Mobile Number, Title of Work.
- Entry Form MUST list Artist’s Bank details – BSB, Account Name and Account.
- 2D size limitation is 150 cm in any direction (incl. triptych and diptych entries).
- 2D works must be ready to hang with D rings and wire/string.
- All works must be dry – no wet paint.
- 3D works must be able to be carried manually (20 kg max.) and assembled by one Please note that 3D works must be placed on a plinth or the ground and viewed on all sides to be considered a 3D entry. If it needs to hang on a board, it is considered a 2D entry.
- All works entered must be offered for sale.
- A 25% commission on sales will be retained by SasArt.
- No responsibility for breakages will be accepted by SasArt.
- Works will be set up by the exhibition committee.
- The Judges’ decision is final, and no discussion will be entered.
- Judges are not to be approached by exhibitors whilst judging is taking.
- Prizes and/or ribbons will be awarded for 1st and 2nd place in each category.
- Delivery of work to be Wednesday 5 April 2023 STRICTLY from 2:00pm – 6:00pm direct to St Patrick’s College, Callan Centre, 30 Pier Avenue, Shorncliffe.
- Pickup of unsold work will be Saturday 8th April 2023 STRICTLY from 4:00pm – 6:00pm from the Callan Centre. If alternative pick up arrangements are required please email: [email protected]
2022 Award Winners
|Best of Show – donated by Stirling Hinchliffe Karen Robert “It’s an Orchestra of Angels”|
|Open 2D – donated by Councillor Jared Cassidy – 1 st Prize – Tania Geyer for “I watch you go”|
|Open 2D 2nd Prize – Mark Hourigan – “To Where”|
|Open 2D Highly Commended donated by Arthouse Northside – Grace Cross for “The Connected Land”|
|Open 3D – 1st Prize – Grace Cross for “Shoreline”|
|Open 3D – 2nd Prize – Elizabeth Hardcastle for “Sunflower”|
|Open 3D High Commended donated by Arthouse Northside -Ken Bull for “Ceramic Moggie – Green”|
|Photo/Digital 1st Prize – Collaboration of Russell Solomon and Blair Garland for “Old /New”|
|Photo/Digital 2nd Prize donated by Councillor Sandy Landers – Melissa Hoedel “The Daily Grind”|
|Photo/Digital Highly Commended donated by Arthouse Northside – Kathy Harwin for “Soul Celebrations”|
|The Ray O’Brien Portrait Prize – Marie Smith for “Week 5 Covid -19 Lockdown”|
|The Trevor Proud Encouragement Award – Majella Holton for “Reflections”|